Friday 4 September 2015

Kings of War: Kickstarter receipt

So I received my Kings of War kickstarter pledge this week.





I only pledged at the "living legend" level which means I get:
"Get the Kings of War 2nd Edition Hardback Rulebook, 2nd Edition Kings of War soft cover Core Rulebook PLUS any applicable Stretch Goals"

In this delivery I received the:

  • Hardback rulebook
  • Gamer's edition rulebook
  • Wound tokens
  • Game tokens
  • Poster of the front cover of the Hardback rulebook
  • & Ronnie the bard model

I'm waiting for

  • Blaine Tyrant king model
  • Campaign book PDF
  • Army list and chess clock app
So lets looks at what I've got:


Hardback rulebook: It has great front cover picture and the spine is in a good typeface so will look nice upon my bookshelf. I've not read it cover to cover so can't really comment on the contents, if the PDF I received is anything to go by then it's a great quality throughout.



Gamer's Edition rulebook: This is bigger than expected, I have no doubt it was listed as such but seeing it in person it surprised me. I've been spoilt by smaller gamers editions from GW, Flames of war and all quiet on the martian front (although lets not mention this one too loudly due to the issues it contains). Once again I've only had a quick flick through and that there something not quite right about the typeface and font, so it hurts my eyes to read (this could be that I'm over due an eye test.). Further more there are mistakes! both spelling and page reference. It seems that this was a copy & paste job from the hardback but they didn't make the adjustments. I know I shouldn't complain about a small thing such as that but it really winds me up.
The issues aside its going to be a handy book to carry around for games, and saves me swiping through my phone/tablet to locate a rule mid game.



Tokens: other than the obvious charge arc, turn counter & ruler I have no idea what the other tokens are for. Like the community I will have to wait until mantic release a explanation of what is for what. Same for the wound counters and tray. I can assume what they are for but it would be nice to know for sure.


Ronnie the bard: A nice little metal model. I look forward to building him and having him as an addition to my armies.

So overall I'm pleased with what I've received and I look forward to receiving the remaining items.



No comments:

Post a Comment