Monday 30 November 2015

Miniatures: Dropzone Commander - Scourge: Destroyers

Still riding on the high of running the dropzone tournament at Warfare and buying my ticket to Invasion 2016 I thought it was time to improve my scourge force. So I dug out my destroyers that I bought months ago.

Here is my review:

The packaging:


As with most Hawk products these destroyers were packed snugly into the blister pack.
The pack opens very easily after a quick removal of the top with some scissors and the rest just pops open.
I really like Hawk blisters as they close nicely once opened and can then be used for anything you wish, personally I use my as a pallet when painting or to store bitz from other products.

The models


This blister contains 12 destroyers in 3 different poses and 3 bases with 3 holes in each.

I must admit I was a little disappointed in these when I first saw them as, despite them being detailed overall, they seem to lack detail in certain areas like the head. I find it difficult to decipher what is what. Now you could argue how much detail can you have at 10mm, which is where I point you to the original metal scourge warriors which I feel were detailed.

I am hoping that when I start to paint them the detail will come out, and it's the shine of the bare metal is obscuring the detail

The building of the models

The models were removed easily from the excess metal they were attached to, some had even come off when in the blister.

Each model needed some tidying from flash and excess metal, some more than others. Thankfully there wasn't too much as removing flash at this scale is fiddly.

Once all the flash was removed I applied a small dab of super-glue to the hole in the base and on the foot that didn't have the hole nub. On some occasions the models seemed a little weighty, resulting in them falling over, so I had to hold a few in place until the glue dried. Also due to their bulky size I found that some hung over the base, I know that doesn't matter in game terms but it matters aesthetically to me.

All in all they didn't take much time to clean up and build, and I'm reasonable happy with them as models.
I know they are good in game terms so will probably buy more. I just hope painting them resolves my concerns about the detail


No comments:

Post a Comment