Wednesday 23 December 2015

Miniatures: Dropzone Commander - Scourge:Intruder Alpha

So as part of trying to clear some of my DZC backlog before Christmas I have also built the last item from my recent scourge reinforcement purchases. This is the Intruder Alpha, which is one of Hawk's older models (comparably) but as I've not personally reviewed it I thought I would do so.

The Packaging
As per previous posts these models come in a blister, which contains the models, firm foam and a card inlay

The model
Each Intruder consists of 6 parts: Main body, Transport cabin, Flight stand, Flight pole and Fight widget

They are a beautifully detailed model

Building the model

As you can see from the pictures in "The model" section these had some tags protruding from the back of the model, but as mentioned in previous posts these were easily removed thanks to the resin. There was then a little tidying elsewhere before they were ready to build.

Next was adding the transport cabin to the bottom of the body; although not difficult it was a little problematic, with the sides slipping during gluing, I thinking this is because the sides are flat and could do with some pegs and hold, but that's just my opinion. Then once glued they didn't look quite right with the bay door of each side the transport cabin not really lining up. I can live with it but it is a little disappointing, especially for a Hawk model.

Despite these very small - almost insignificant issues - these were built very quickly and are still lovely models.

These are now ready to rapidly deploy my Destroyers with a 30" full move/15" deployment move these are guaranteed to be in my opponents face/on an objective or focal point in no time...thank you very much :)

Due to the Christmas holiday this will be my last post of 2015!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment