Thursday 7 January 2016

Painting: Dropzone Commander - Scourge: Destroyers


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I thought I would kick this year off with the painting of my scourge destroyers.

Now my scourge paint scheme is a little on the optimistic side, as you'll see throughout my next few planned posts.

As ever all paints used are Vallejo unless otherwise stated.



I started with an undercoat of Matt Black spray (Halfords), once dried I painted them in Hexed Lichen (72.015)*


Next I smothered the models in Army painter Dark Tone, then, when the tone was dry, I drybrushed Squid pink (72.013). Followed by painting the vents on the back, eyes and gun energy cells in Escorpena Green (72.032). Next I painted the helmet, gun barrels and outside of the vents Gun Metal (72.054)


I then applied Army painter strong tone to the areas of Escorpena green (except the eyes) and GW Nuln oil to the areas of Gun Metal. Once these washes were dry I drybrushed the green areas with Livery green (72.033) and the metals areas with Chainmail silver (72.053)


Next I painted - very carefully - the teeth with Plague Brown (79.039) and then the "exoskeleton" with Bonewhite (72.034) using very light brushstrokes, almost like drybrushing. Then Army Painter Strong Tone was applied to the teeth and the shoulders.

After that the bases were painted black (I tried grey but felt the models didn't stand out enough) and covered them in Matt Varnish (70.520)


My destroyers are ready!

These were much better to paint than I anticipated in my original post (click here for that post). The detail really came through when the paint and wash was applied.

*Edit: I initially wrote Royal Purple (72.016) but that was incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment