Thursday 21 January 2016

Painting: Dropzone Commander - Scourge: Intruder Alpha


With Invasion 2016 rapidly approaching I have been concentrating on painting my scourge reinforcements.

As I touched on with my destroyers, my paint scheme is a little ambitious, it's not a new scheme I've been following it since I started collecting scourge in 2013 but it can certainly be...eye opening.

So below you will find below my painted Intruders. Unless stated otherwise Vallejo paints have been used along with tears of frustration and pain from cramp.


Stage one: the Intruders were primed in Halfords Matt black spray, then liberally coated with Hexed Lichen (72.015). Once dry they were drowned in Army Painter: Dark Tone.


Next the model was given a good going over with a drybrush of Squid pink (72.013). Then the vents and sensors were painted with Escorpena Green (72.032) and the rim of the vents were painted with Gun Metal (72.054)


The vents and the rim of the vents were then washed with Army Painter Dark Tone. When dry the vents were drybrushed with Livery green (72.033). This darkened the vents allowing the sensors to stand out on their own.


I then painstakingly painted each line as carefully as I could with Bonewhite (72.034). Once completed I touched up where I needed to, making tidy looking. I finally applied Matt Varnish (70.520)

There we have it, two intruders ready to carry my destroyers into battle!

1 comment:

  1. Feeling your pain there brother. I too have painstakingly painted each individual line and vents. Man that's some cramp right there. Not to mention going blind too!

    ReplyDelete